May 15 to Labour Day:
Open 7 days a week, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We are closed for the winter season (Labour Day to May 14) annually.
5 St. Vital Ave.
St. Albert, Alberta
- By donation (cash only)
- Free parking is available for both school buses and parent volunteers.
- Education programs are pre-booked.
- Invoices will be sent to the school. Payment may be made by cheque, EFT, or credit.
- There are no food services at Father Lacombe Chapel, therefore students and supervisors must bring their own snacks or lunch.
- Proper attire is required: shoes or rubber boots (no flip-flops), a hat, and a sweater or jacket.
- Students should have: sunscreen, insect repellent, a snack, a water bottle, and a name tag.
- Site is wheelchair-accessible.
- Service animals, with proper identification, are permitted onsite.
- There are no washroom facilities onsite. Facilities are available within walking distance.
- No overnight accommodations available onsite. Please refer to the accommodations guide for the City of St Albert.
- Pick up a souvenir of your visit in our small gift shop. Cash only.
- Pets are not allowed in the chapel or the crypt.
- For a Chapel tour only, allow 30 minutes.
- For full tour including the crypt, grotto, cemetery, and Mission Hill, allow 1 hour or more.
- Father Lacombe Chapel is located along the City of St. Albert's Founders' Walk.
- This site is in the city and walks are paved.
- Sun hat and dark glasses for sun protection, and umbrella or waterproof jacket for rain protection are recommended for the full tour.
- Parking is available next to the chapel for all size vehicles.